Our mission is to ensure that every member of our All Saints family can be confident, responsible, successful and live with integrity. This will enable our scholars to be well prepared for the next phase of their journey whether that is to university or in pursuing the career of their choice.
Our curriculum is built on three core pillars:
Mastery Curriculum: Our curriculum design enables scholars to make rapid progress and develop a framework of knowledge and understanding in each subject area that provides a solid foundation for further study.
Raising Aspirations and Enrichment: Scholars understand the opportunities that a school and university education can create. Scholars develop their passions and interests through an in-day enrichment programme.
Christian values: We welcome scholars of all faiths and none to our Church of England academy where our guiding principles are based on Christian values. We treat every scholar as an individual and we work with them and their families to develop and nurture their talents. We wish nothing less for our scholars than we would for our own families.
- is carefully sequenced: We want our scholars to have a choice to attend the best universities in the country, so we plan with this aim in mind.
- is knowledge-rich: We choose the knowledge to share with the scholars carefully to equip them with the cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
- aims for mastery: We aim for scholars to master the five years of carefully sequenced key knowledge before moving on, as we recognise that the more you know the more you have the capacity to know.
- includes responsive teaching: formative assessment is used continually in every single lesson, to check on the progress of the scholars through the curriculum.
- includes catch-up: We recognise that scholars joining the school need support to master key knowledge, so we return to topics covered regularly and assess scholars’ knowledge using cumulative assessments at the end of the year
- includes wider curriculum, enrichment and independent learning: Our scholar’s entitlement to a rich and varied curriculum isn’t limited to subjects traditionally studied at school.
Impact & Assessment
At Ark All Saints Academy we regularly assess scholars’ academic progress. Accurate and thorough assessment is extremely important so that scholars receive the appropriate level of support and challenge.
All subjects are assessed under exam conditions three times a year in terms 2, 4 and 6. Additionally core subjects use interim assessments throughout each term to assess the progress of scholars. Parents are informed of their child’s progress with a report in Terms 2, 4 & 6. The results of these assessments inform and guide us for the next term.
At the end of each assessment cycle, the progress of scholars is reviewed. Those scholars who are failing to make progress in line with their ability will also be expected to attend academic intervention sessions after school for one hour a week. The purpose of which is to provide opportunities for scholars to master the key skills required in order for them to make progress.
All academic intervention sessions are tailored to the ability and need of the scholars attending them.
At Ark All Saints Academy we teach scholars in four academic groups, named after universities from across the United Kingdom. By doing this we hope to instil in our scholars the belief that all of them are able to attend university. Scholars may be in different groups for different subjects, depending on their academic strengths in different parts of the curriculum. After each assessment cycle groups will be reviewed, to ensure that the needs of every scholar are met.