All scholars must dress according to our Uniform Policy, which reflects our values and reinforces our school’s culture of high expectations and academic achievement.
Our school uniform is important to us because it is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life.
- Dark purple AASA blazer
- Purple AASA jumper with silver stripe
- AASA Tie (if shirt is worn)
- Hijab (if a head scarf is to be worn) – plain Black, White or Grey.
- White shirt (must be worn with tie)
- White blouse (must not be worn with tie)
- Dark grey trousers (no leggings or tracksuits)
- Dark grey skirt, which must come below the knee
- Plain black leather (not suede) shoes– NO boots, trainers or trainer type shoes are allowed
- Plain black socks/tights
- School bag able to comfortably carry an A4 folder and is waterproof - An AASA bag is available
PE Kit (indoor and outdoor)
- Black AASA sports trousers
- Purple AASA shorts (optional)
- Purple AASA polo shirt
- Black AASA sports jacket
- Black AASA sweatshirt
- White trainers
- White socks
- Hand towel
- Sports Bra (if applicable)
- All buttons should be done up including the top one. If the top button is missing scholars will need to sew it back on.
- Ties should be 7 stripes long with a neat knot.
- Shirts and blouses must be tucked into trousers or skirts.
- The blazer must be worn at all times - to and from the academy and in all parts around the academy.
- Scholars can wear trousers or skirts.
- The skirt can be pleated or straight - it must be plain and dark grey. The skirt must come to below the knee. An AASA skirt is available.
- Scholars must wear either a shirt and tie, or a blouse. A blouse and tie is not acceptable
- Scholars are expected to attend school free from make-up, nail varnish & fake nails.
- Scholars are allowed to wear one small silver or gold plain stud in each ear and a watch.
- Scholars are not allowed to wear 'hoodies' and other non-uniform tops either during or to and from school.
- Scholar’s haircuts must be free from cut ins (this includes eyebrows).
- Hair ornaments must be for practical use and not for ornate purposes.
- We allow scholars to have any naturally coloured dyed hair, For example, black, brown or blond NOT red or purple.
All scholars must bring with them every day:
- Pencil case (must be clear plastic) containing all the items below *
- Folder (A4 and provided by the academy) *
- Passport (Academy day book) *
- Calculator (Scientific - can be purchased from the Academy Shop)
- Reading book
- Water bottle (must be clear plastic)
In their pencil case must be:
- Green pen
- Red pen
- Ruler (30 cm) This must be made of plastic or wood
- Highlighter pen (x 2 colours)
- Ink pen (dark blue or black pen/biro or fountain)
- Pencil (x 2)
(*) if a scholar is missing these items they will be required to return home to get them.
Purchasing school uniform
Branded school uniform items can only be purchased directly from the academy at Ark All Saints Academy, 140 Wyndham Road, London, SE5 0UB.
Our uniform supplier is Khalsa School Wear Bethnal Green Store is located at 388-390 Bethnal Green Rd London, E2 0AH.
Any unwanted items of uniform may be given to the school office. Subject to availability good quality second hand school uniform items can be purchased for low cost.
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All mislaid items are placed in the school office. We endeavour to return all named property, but give unclaimed lost property to a local children’s charity at the end of term.