Ark All Saints Academy is committed to serving children of all abilities and backgrounds from its local community.
Ark All Saints Academy will have 120 places every year.
If the academy is oversubscribed with applications, priority would be given to applicants in the order below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
The academy keeps a waiting list which is used to fill casual vacancies occurring if scholars leave during the year or withdraw from a place that has been offered.
If you are applying for a transfer in the middle of an academic year, please contact the academy and Southwark council for the application form.
Parents who are not offered a place are entitled to an independent appeal.
No supplementary forms are required for application to Ark All Saints Academy.
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable
Due to the COVID-19 situation it will clearly not be possible to hold panel hearings in the usual way this year. The Department for Education has now issued revised guidelines for Admissions Authorities on how appeals should be dealt with, it being preferable that appeals are heard before the beginning of the Autumn term. All appellants will therefore be contacted with information about the exact process, which will be the same for all Ark schools. The aim is to complete hearings and for parents to be notified of the outcome of their appeal by 30th June 2020.
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception/Year 7/Yr 12 in September 2020 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012
|Offer Date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|2nd March 2020||20th April 2020|
On-time appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7/Year 12, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Reception, please first read this guidance about infant class size appeals.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.
020 7450 5959