One of the traits of an outstanding learner is the ability to work independently and be robust against setbacks
One of the traits of an outstanding learner is the ability to work independently and be robust against setbacks. We need to develop each learner's confidence that they are able to tackle work and find ways to overcome areas of difficulty independently.
At Ark All Saints Academy we believe that regular setting of meaningful homework enables scholars to:
- Develop independent work skills essential for academic success at all levels
- Be robust and resilient when challenging work is set
- Demonstrate integrity through their ownership of their work
- Increase their capacity and confidence to problem solve
- Take on responsibility for their learning and management of time
- Grow a love of learning and discovery of knowledge
- Experience success
Meaningful homework tasks may:
- Involve widening or deepening knowledge around a specific area through a planned piece of work
- Enables independent practice opportunities of skills or processes
- Introduce new content
The Library is open every day after school until 4.30pm to support scholars by providing an area for them to work in.
We expect parents to support our scholars by providing them a suitable space at home where they can study.