Ark All Saints Academy PE department aims to teach scholars how to lead healthy and active lifestyle whilst developing a passion for sport. We do this by providing scholars with the opportunities to learn a range of sports and games in a safe, encouraging and enjoyable environment.
Years 7 & 8
In Years 7 and 8 scholars will learn and take part in the following activities as part of the curriculum:
- Swimming (Year 7 only)
- Tag Rugby
Years 9 & 10
In Years 9 and 10 scholars have the opportunity to learn and take part in the following activities:
- Health related fitness
- Tag Rugby
At KS4 we offer Physical Education as a GCSE. This course is 60% theory, 30% practical and 10% coursework based. Over the three years of study, scholars will learn about sport in variety of contexts. They will:
- Develop their performance in 3 different practical disciplines.
- Learn about applied anatomy and physiology of the body and the effects exercise has on these systems.
- Study psychology modules; learning about the reasons why we do things, why some people out perform others, mentally and physically.
- Apply both their theory and practical knowledge to analyze and evaluate performance, make effective plans for improvement and develop training programmes.
- Explore the socio-cultral side of sport, examining partcipation rates and the commerlisation of sport, the use of drugs in sport and the consequences of inactivity and poor diet.
We offer a varied extra-curricular programme that follows a traditional sporting calendar. The opportunity to participate and compete in school sport allows scholars to develop an enthusiasm to exercise as well as develop important life skills such as teamwork, commitment, leadership and discipline.